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 Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebook Test your knowledge by seeing how many of these five QPR-related questions you can answer correctly.[wp-simple-survey-102]
The only damper on a spectacular record-setting performance by Lamar Jackson and the Ravens in their 59-10 demolition of Miami Sunday was another injury to a secondary already testing its depth.Cornerback Jimmy Smith suffered a knee injury in the first quarter and didn’t return. The 31-year-old limped off the field and went to the locker room soon after inside linebacker Patrick Onwuasor fell into Smith’s right knee on the sixth defensive snap of the game. Smith returned to the sideline in the second half wearing street clothes.“It’s not a season-ending injury as far as we know right now,” head coach John Harbaugh. “It does not look like that at all. I’m sure he’ll get an MRI tomorrow. We’ll just see if it’s days or weeks or what. We’ll know tomorrow after we get the MRI.”The Ravens were already dealing with the loss of standout slot cornerback Tavon Young, who sustained a season-ending neck injury last month. Rookie fourth-round cornerback Iman Marshall was also placed on injured reserve last week, but he remains eligible to return later in the season.With Smith out, the Ravens turned to second-year cornerback Anthony Averett on the outside with veteran cornerback Brandon Carr now playing extensive snaps inside at the nickel in Young’s absence. Averett fell down in coverage on the Dolphins’ lone touchdown of the day to wide receiver Preston Williams late in the second quarter, but the 2018 fourth-round pick from Alabama finished with four tackles and a pass breakup.“It’s always tough to see one of my boys go down,” said Carr, who played in his 177th consecutive regular-season game Sunday. “We put so much work into this game and we know it can be taken away at the blink of an eye, and that’s what happened to [Smith].“Of course, the football game is the next-man-up mentality, and we had [Averett] that’s been champing at the bit to get out there and make some plays. He had his work cut out for him today, but he made some big plays for us and he had some fun.”Injuries have been the story of the talented Smith’s career as he’s played more than 12 games in a season just twice in his first eight years. The 2011 first-round pick is in the final year of his contract and is making $9.5 million this season.The Baltimore defense had two interceptions against the Dolphins with six-time Pro Bowl safety Earl Thomas picking off a Ryan Fitzpatrick pass on his first defensive series as a Raven and cornerback Marlon Humphrey intercepting Miami backup Josh Rosen on the first play of the fourth quarter.
.@RecruitRHS alum @Vonn is on another level tonight. This is his second fumble recovery of the game. This time he also strips his former @OhioStateFB teammate @EzekielElliott!pic.twitter.com/2MM42P8rAm— Ben Bobick (@BenBobickWRCB) September 30, 2019“I just coughed it up,” Elliott said of his fumble, even though it was questionable since his elbow appeared down before the ball was popped out. “They just took it from me. It’s not acceptable … I just can’t let the team down like that.” “Our defense played their (butt) off,” Elliott told reporters after the game. “They kept us in the game. They gave us a chance and we just didn’t hold up on the offensive end. We can’t let our guys down like that.”The entire offense sputtered throughout the game. Even Elliott, who is considered one of the best running backs in the NFL, made huge mistakes. He fumbled the ball just before halftime and finished the game with a measly 35 yards on 18 carries. Related News NFL Week 4 Sunday Huddle: Buccaneers stun Rams in high-scoring affair; Chiefs escape upset in Detroit Quarterback Jameis Winston on Buccaneers’ upset of Rams: ‘We finished’ Deshaun Watson stays late to work with QBs coach after Texans’ loss Ezekiel Elliott said the Cowboys’ offense was to blame for their disappointing 12-10 loss to the Saints on the road.The Dallas running back praised the team’s defense for giving the team multiple opportunities to rally against New Orleans, but the offense could not get going. Quarterback Dak Prescott also struggled after having a phenomenal first three weeks of the season. He had a season-low 73.2 rating, didn’t throw a single passing touchdown and finished the game with just 223 passing yards and an interception.Overall, the Cowboys’ offense had just 257 total yards with three turnovers. The loss also means the Cowboys aren’t undefeated anymore and they now have a 3-1 record on the year.“The only positive is the defense played their tails off,” Elliott said. “Offensively, we just didn’t do our jobs.”
Close Forgot password? Please put in your email: Send me my password! Close message Login This blog post All blog posts Subscribe to this blog post’s comments through… RSS Feed Subscribe via email Subscribe Subscribe to this blog’s comments through… RSS Feed Subscribe via email Subscribe Follow the discussion Comment (1) Logging you in… Close Login to IntenseDebate Or create an account Username or Email: Password: Forgot login? Cancel Login Close WordPress.com Username or Email: Password: Lost your password? Cancel Login Dashboard | Edit profile | Logout Logged in as Admin Options Disable comments for this page Save Settings Sort by: Date Rating Last Activity Loading comments… You are about to flag this comment as being inappropriate. Please explain why you are flagging this comment in the text box below and submit your report. The blog admin will be notified. Thank you for your input. +5 Vote up Vote down Jackie Fullerton · 31 weeks ago Congratulations Report Reply 0 replies · active 31 weeks ago Post a new comment Enter text right here! Comment as a Guest, or login: Login to IntenseDebate Login to WordPress.com Login to Twitter Go back Tweet this comment Connected as (Logout) Email (optional) Not displayed publicly. Name Email Website (optional) Displayed next to your comments. Not displayed publicly. If you have a website, link to it here. Posting anonymously. Tweet this comment Submit Comment Subscribe to None Replies All new comments Comments by IntenseDebate Enter text right here! Reply as a Guest, or login: Login to IntenseDebate Login to WordPress.com Login to Twitter Go back Tweet this comment Connected as (Logout) Email (optional) Not displayed publicly. Name Email Website (optional) Displayed next to your comments. Not displayed publicly. If you have a website, link to it here. Posting anonymously. Tweet this comment Cancel Submit Comment Subscribe to None Replies All new comments Jodie Hearlson is the new Humane Society director. Sumner Newscow report — The Wellington Humane Society has announced it has hired a new director for its new shelter.Jodie Hearlson, a Wellington native, has a master’s degree in biology from Emporia State. Jodie has 15-plus years in the animal field. Most recently she has worked for the Sedgwick County Zoo.“We are thrilled to welcome her our shelter family and we look forward to great things from her,” said Phyllis Todd, Humane Society board member.The Humane Society opened its new shelter at 203 W. Hillside in Wellington in December. The shelter can hold a maximum of 27 dogs and 40 cats.To contact the Wellington Humane Society, Call: 620-440-4375, E-mail: Wellingtonhumanesociety494@yahoo.com.Visit the website: Wellingtonhumanesociety.org. Follow us on Facebook.Follow us on Twitter.
EDWIN Flack Reserve was dumped as a semi-final venue at the last minute last week with all Casey Cardinia League…[To read the rest of this story Subscribe or Login to the Gazette Access Pass] Thanks for reading the Pakenham Berwick Gazette. Subscribe or Login to read the rest of this content with the Gazette Digital Access Pass subscription.
By ANEEKA SIMONIS CLOSE to 20,000 jobs are expected to be created by business enterprises under development in Pakenham and…[To read the rest of this story Subscribe or Login to the Gazette Access Pass] Thanks for reading the Pakenham Berwick Gazette. Subscribe or Login to read the rest of this content with the Gazette Digital Access Pass subscription.
By Swati PandeyAustralia batsman Phillip Hughes remained in critical condition in a Sydney hospital on Tuesday after undergoing emergency surgery for a sickening head injury sustained when struck by a ball during a domestic match.The 25-year-old was transferred to St Vincent’s hospital’s intensive care unit after surgery and his condition was not expected to become clear for 24-48 hours.“He is still critical, he is in ICU,” a hospital spokesman said.Fitted with a ventilator to aid his breathing, Hughes was rushed from the Sydney Cricket Ground in an induced coma, having collapsed to the ground when struck in the helmet by a short-pitched delivery from New South Wales fast bowler Sean Abbott.Hughes, touted to replace injured Australia captain Michael Clarke for next week’s Test match against India, had scored 63 runs for South Australia before being hit.Apparently dazed by the blow, the left-hander stooped over and put his hands on his knees before falling face first onto the pitch, causing players and medical staff to rush to his aid.Though often viewed as a gentile game, cricket’s fastest bowlers regularly deliver the ball at speeds of over 140kph and batsmen defend themselves with a wooden bat less than a metre long and about four inches wide.A cricket ball is roughly the same shape and size as a baseball but heavier and harder. While batsmen are heavily padded, they often sustain painful and perfectly legal blows from fast bowlers who have full license to launch deliveries that bounce up at head height.Balls occasionally strike batsmen on the helmet, often drawing blood on impact, but the seriousness of Hughes’s injury shocked seasoned cricket writers and players alike.“Thoughts are with Phil Hughes. Terrible to see and just shows how dangerous our game can be,” Australia leg spinner James Muirhead tweeted.After the blow, Hughes was placed on a motorised stretcher and taken to the boundary where medical staff performed mouth-to-mouth resuscitation before he was rushed to hospital by ambulance.The match was called off for the day.Australia captain Michael Clarke arrived at the hospital to check on Hughes’ condition, where the batsman’s mother and sister were also present.“As you all will be aware Phil Hughes suffered an injury this afternoon,” the statement read.“He is presently undergoing surgery and the outcome of that surgery is unlikely to be known in the next 24-48 hours.“In the meantime, we would really appreciate if you look after his family and friends and respect their privacy please.”News of the injury sparked a wave of sympathy from the global cricketing community and fans on social media.“Our thoughts and prayers are with Phil and his family! He is a great fighter and a great young man!” Australia coach Darren Lehmann tweeted.The English Cricket Board tweeted: “Thoughts with Phil Hughes and his family from all at ECB. Get well soon.”A popular team man born in a small rural town in northern New South Wales state, the pint-sized Hughes has played 26 Test matches and 25 one-day internationals for Australia, but never quite cemented his place in the national set-up.Hughes has long struggled to shake off perceptions of vulnerability against short-pitched bowling, but with Clarke injured, he was backed to re-gain a spot in the test team for the first match in Brisbane against India starting Dec. 4.
TOP SHELF yesterday stunned the favourites at odds of 30-1 in the Cash Pot Trophy for two-year-olds, and six-time champion jockey Omar Walker attained his 1,000th winner locally with a three-timer, reaching his milestone with a thrilling finish aboard WITHOUT EXCEPTION in the seventh event at six furlongs. Kicked out of the betting as Gary Subratie’s CASUAL DRINK lit up the tote board at odds of 3-5, and BALTUSROL drifted out to 5-2, TOP SHELF sat third in the cat bird’s seat down the backstretch, watching TREVOR’S CHOICE playing spoiler on the lead shortly after the start. Led for the first time after virtually making all on debut earlier this month, CASUAL DRINK failed to kick when TOP SHELF swooped down off the final turn and grabbed the lead entering the straight. Hakeem Pottinger kept TOP SHELF rolling up the lane as CASUAL DRINK tried in vain to reel her in but was no match for the Soul Warrior-First Choice offspring, who won by two lengths, clocking 1:14.1 for her second consecutive win from three starts. PRINCESS ANNIE improved into third a furlong out, getting the better of BALTUSROL, who finished a disappointing fourth after beating TOP SHELF on their debut in August. Walker’s 1,000 winners, the fastest of five recorded at Caymanas Park, hogged the spotlight from the new apprentices, two of whom entered the winners’ enclosure on their first day of competitive riding, Tyrone Foster and Christopher Mamdeen, who won aboard MILARGO and CRUCIAL’S TREASURE, respectively. FIRST CAREER WIN Walker won the opening event astride MR LYNDHURST, grabbed his second with CALL TO DUTY in the fifth, handing trainer Leroy Francis his first career win, before returning to outbattle ZEPHYR aboard 4-5 favourite WITHOUT EXCEPTION. Trainer Anthony Nunes and Dick Cardenas combined to win three of the last four events on the 11-race card, including FAYROUZ in the seven-and-a-half furlong Fontainbleu Trophy, outduelling her St Leger conqueror, MARQUESAS, in a last-furlong thriller. Cardenas and Nunes’ other winners were 6-5 favourite ICE COLD in the eighth and ADONIS at 5-2 in the closing event, a battling victory over Spencer Chung’s 7-5 favourite, SEA SWAN, with Aaron Chatrie astride. Cardenas’ three-timer has moved him to within 17 of leading rider Anthony Thomas, who logged one winner, QUEEN’S HIGHWAY, in the ninth, setting the stage for an interesting last quarter in the jockeys’ championship. Racing continues at Caymanas Park on Wednesday.
The Liberia National Police (LNP) said it has with immediate effect, suspended indefinitely three police officers assigned at its Zone 4 substation in Gardnerville.The three officers, according to an LNP release yesterday, were suspended for “harassing and intimidating motorcyclists.”Letters of suspension issued to the affected officers also accused them of being involved in “unprofessional acts and other forms of police impropriety.” The suspended officers have meanwhile been turned over to the Professional Standards Division for further investigation.An LNP statement issued under the signature of its spokesman, Sam Collins, named the officers as Sackor J. Freeman ID# LNP-1128, General Commander of the Zone, Patrolman Alex Z. Theo ID# LNP-0639, Chief of Operations of Zone 4, and the Chief of Traffic of the Zone, Patrolman Musa A. Kanneh ID# LNP-0875. The LNP said the officers have been in the “constant habit of harassing motor cyclists in the Gardnersville area, an act which LNP says contravenes Chapter III Section 1.21 of the new Police Duty Manual captioned: ‘’Prohibited Conduct.’’The suspended officers have been ordered to turn over all government properties including badges, uniforms, police identification cards, and all police accessories in their possession to the Human Resource Department of the LNP.The release further stated that the suspended officers have been warned to desist from identifying themselves with the organization while undergoing suspension to avoid further embarrassment.Meanwhile, LNP authorities have called on the public not to interact with those suspected officers regarding any police function until their suspension is lifted.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
Liverpool fans have been given a scare ahead of their trip to Southampton.The Merseysiders will be looking to maintain their place at the top of the Premier League, but they may have to do so without Philippe Coutinho.The 24-year-old Brazilian was spotted outside a hospital in the city on Thursday, and it is believed he returned from international duty with a tight hamstring.He has six goals for Jurgen Klopp’s Reds this season and they face the prospect of lining up at St Mary’s without their star playmaker.Not only that, Adam Lallana is also a doubt after limping off with a problem during England’s draw with Spain and the former Saints midfielder will also be assessed.But the main concern is the problem with Coutinho. Some reports suggest it is just precautionary and that he will be fine for Saturday’s 3pm kick-off.It means another club has been affected by the international break and Reds fans are not best pleased – check out what they had to say, below… Philippe Coutinho: The Brazilian (left) is a doubt for Liverpool’s game with Southampton 1