Preview: Wycombe Wanderers v Bristol City

first_imgWYCOMBE WANDERERSThe Chairboys suffered an opening day defeat to Crawley Town on Saturday and will be looking to bounce back with a win in the EFL Cup first round. Wycombe were knocked out in the first round last year by Sky Bet Championship club Fulham. They have just 14 first team players available following a host of injuries. Myles Weston sustained a groin injury at Crawley whilst Luke O’Nien and Michael Harriman were both forced off the pitch with knocks, adding to the list of names in the treatment room which already includes Paul Hayes, Paris Cowan-Hall, Danny Rowe, Nick Freeman and Max Muller. MANAGERGareth Ainsworth – Former QPR midfielder who made over 530 league appearances during his 22-year career. The 43-year-old enjoyed two stints as caretaker manager at Loftus Road before switching to Wycombe in 2010. Ainsworth played over 110 times for the the Chairboys and became the club’s player manager in 2012. Ainsworth maintained Wycombe’s EFL status at the expense of Bristol Rovers in 2014 and almost led them to promotion the following season. OFFICIALSLee Collins is the man in the middle. He will be assisted by Marbyn Amphlett and Lisa Rashid. Ashen Degnarain is the fourth official. TICKETSThe match is pay on the night for away fans. LAST TIME OUTWycombe Wanderers 2-1 Bristol City (2013) – Matt Bloomfield scored and assisted as Wycombe shocked City in the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy. Head coach Sean O’Driscoll made six changes to his line-up and include academy midfielder Joe Morrell for the first time. Wycombe opened the scoring through Billy Knott before Bloomfield slotted home to double the Chairboys’ advantage. Brendan Moloney’s superb long range effort reduced the deficit to one but Wycombe held on to progress. Wycombe: Ingram, Arnold (McCoy 88), Hause, Stewart, Wood, Bloomfield (Kretzschmar 70), Knott (Spring 81), Lewis, Scowen, Cowan-Hall, Kuffour. Not used: Horlock, Morias. City: Fielding, Moloney, Flint, Dunk, Cunningham, Bryan (Baldock 46), Morrell (Reid 46), Pack, McLaughlin, Wagstaff, Harewood (Emmanuel-Thomas 69). Not used: Parish, Brundle. LAST SEASONLeague Two: 13th Emirates FA Cup: Third round (lost to Aston Villa)  EFL Cup: First round (lost to Fulham) EFL Trophy: Second round (lost to Bristol Rovers) DID YOU KNOW?Wycombe shared Adams Park with Aviva Rugby Premiership side Wasps for 12 years (2002-2014).last_img read more

admin

We know what it’s going to take – Rogers

first_imgRogers has committed for a second year with the Flyers, after re-joining the Flyers last season following spells in the US and in Europe.Click here to subscribe to the official YouTube channel of the Bristol Flyers.last_img

admin

Tony Kanaan thinks IndyCar tethers coming for 2016

first_imgTony Kanaan (Andrew Weber, USA TODAY Sports)Tony Kanaan (Andrew Weber, USA TODAY Sports)FORT WORTH – Tony Kanaan said he believes IndyCars will be outfitted with tethers to prevent parts such as dislodged nose cones from going airborne beginning next season.Such a piece from the crashed car of Sage Karam appeared to inflict the head trauma that caused the death of driver Justin Wilson on Aug. 24, one day after he was struck at Pocono Raceway.“We’ve got to be careful,” Kanaan said. “When you react to an accident to try to prevent what happened there, then you’re not going to create another four problems trying to fix one. That’s what’s the biggest debate.”MILES ON SAFETY: Q&A with Brant JamesAt Texas Motor Speedway on Friday as part of an announcement for a Generation Ganassi young driver development and mentorship program, the Chip Ganassi Racing driver also spoke about the recent news that Honda could redress competitive shortfalls compared to Chevrolet in the aero kit design. He said he believes that decision will benefit the series long-term, and he expects Honda to begin the 2016 season ahead of his manufacturer after scuttling to catch up for much of 2015.PODCAST: IndyCar 2015 season wrapSeries chairman Mark Miles announced Wednesday that Honda’s petition to modify the design of areas outside of a normal yearly purview had been granted. Miles said in analysis of a Chevrolet – that of Kanaan teammate and series champion Scott Dixon – and a Honda – raced by Graham Rahal – it was determined that Honda were deficient on short ovals, street/road courses but representative on speedways. Honda will present prospective replacement parts for testing and approval on Nov. 7. Under current rules, teams are allowed to adjust three areas out of a possible 16 each season.“They gave Honda a little bit more of a gap to try and catch up with the Chevys,” said Kanaan, the president of the IndyCar drivers’ committee. “I expect them to probably start the year a little stronger than the Chevys and then we’re going to have to catch up.TRAINING: Kanaan helps Dixon prep for Ironman“But I think especially nowadays with the amount of money that manufacturers put into racing that you can’t have a disparity like that because then you’re just going to send them home. And then we don’t want that. Obviously I am on the Chevy side and we did a much better job off the bat, but I mean, right now they got given the opportunity to catch up.”Chevrolets won 10 of 16 events overall, but Honda claimed four of the last six, leading Chevrolet Racing IndyCar program manager Chris Berube to claim in August that allowing Honda changes would “fly in the face of integrity” of competition.last_img read more

admin

Will the Cougars scoreboard be up in time for Friday?

first_imgTime is tight.  And time will tell whether the score and time will have to be kept on the field Friday night when Campbell hosts Crockett in football.  Even if that’s the case, the wait will be worth it for the impressive new CCHS scoreboard.The old CCHS scoreboard came down weeks ago when the new track was being constructed.  The old board sat at the east end of the field since 1975.  The state-of-the-art scoreboard will stand at the west end.It goes without saying, the crew that is erecting the new board is on a tight time line to have it in place and working by Friday night.  (WLAF NEWS PUBLISHED 08/21/2018-6AM-PHOTO COURTESY OF WLAF’S CHARLIE HUTSON)Share this:FacebookTwitterlast_img

admin

From Brazil: Manager had ‘spetacular’ meeting with Arsenal over taking Gunners…

first_imgThe story claimed the club, who ended up picking Unai Emery, also had the Argentine coach Jorge Sampaoli among their options.The South America media has obviously been covering these claims, and it turns out that one outlet managed to confirm it.Brazilian website UOL writes that according people linked to the manager, there was a ‘spectacular’ meeting between him and the London club.Embed from Getty ImagesBut Sampaoli could only think of the World Cup, which was his first in charge of Argentina. And that of course didn’t go very well.It’s not made it clear if his ‘head on the World Cup’ had any influence in the negotiations, or if he was one of Arsenal’s first options in that list.Sampaoli took charge of Santos in January this year, and has been doing well in the league, currently in third position, despite not having a great team.There are many doubts about his stay at the club for next year, especially because he’s asking for bigger investment for the new season so he can fight for titles. According to Goal today, a La Liga club has just made an approach for his signing.by Taboolaby TaboolaSponsored LinksSponsored LinksPromoted LinksPromoted LinksTrending TodayForge of Empires – Free Online GameBuild a City, Trade With Your Neighbors, Play With Your FriendsForge of Empires – Free Online GameUndo聽多多 Hearmore.asia1969年前出生的香港居民現可免費試戴頂尖的歐洲助聽器聽多多 Hearmore.asiaUndoHero WarsGetting this Treasure is impossible! Prove us wrong!Hero WarsUndoCNN with DBS BankWhat Banks Did To Help Corporations Mitigate Future CrisesCNN with DBS BankUndoLoans | Search AdsNeed a loan? Search hereLoans | Search AdsUndoTheTopFiveVPNEnjoy Netflix Now Without Any RestrictionsTheTopFiveVPNUndoSmart Tech TrendEveryone with Bad Vision Needs Those Revolutionary Adjustable Glasses!Smart Tech TrendUndoSingles50Hong Kong: A 40+ Dating Site That Actually Works!Singles50Undo熱門話題來自日本的抽脂丸讓胖了10幾年的她變成靚女!熱門話題Undo On Monday, The Athletic published a shortlist of managers who Arsenal had to replace Arsene Wenger in the summer of 2018.last_img read more

admin

Ventsi Stefanov: I am angry and this is it! –…

first_imgThe president of Slavia Ventzi Stefanov refused to comment on the upcoming match with CSKA in the efbet League, as well as the elimination of the Albanian Kukesi in the Europa League tournament.“I don’t want to talk, I’m angry and that’s it,” the boss of the “whites” said before the Meridian match.According to sources from Ovcha Kupel, a coaching change has not been discussed at this stage. Slavia’s management is firmly behind Zlatomir Zagorcic, despite the negative start of the season and the relegation from the Europa League. However, it is possible that the specialist will want to leave because of the transfer policy of the club. The Whites have sold several players, and negotiations are underway for more players. Follow us anywhere and anytime with the mobile application of Gong.bg. You can download it from Google Play, App Store and AppGallery.last_img read more

admin

CAC Games… Khalil, Fernandes into semis of ladies doubles

first_imgGuyanese duo Ashley Khalil and Taylor Fernandes, recorded a huge 2-1 win over Barbadians Amanda Haywood and Jada Smith – Padmore to work their way into the semi-finals of the women’s squash doubles category at the ongoing Central American and Caribbean Games (CAC) in Colombia, yesterday. The Guyanese pair took the first set 11-9 before their counterparts struck back to level the match with a 9-11 win in the second set.The local ladies, nonetheless, held their own and waltzed into the semis by winning the deciding set 11-7.They will come up against the local pair in Laura Tovar and Maria Paula Tovar. Meanwhile, in the men’s doubles category, Sunil Seth and Jason Ray Khalil who disposed of Jason Doyle and Othneil Bailey of the St. Vincent and the Grenadines 11-4, 11-10 in round one, lost their quarterfinal match 6-11, 8-11 to Arturo Salazar and Cesar Salazar to end their doubles campaign.Meanwhile, Guyana’s hockey ladies crashed to their second straight defeat, going down to Cuba 0 – 2 in their second-round encounter yesterday.Yunia Milanes and Sunaylis Nikle were the goal scorers for the Cubans, netting in the 38th and 50th minute respectively to send Guyana virtually out of medal contention. They, however, have a final encounter against Mexico tomorrow to try and salvage a win while the men, who snatched a come from behind 3-1 against the Dominican Republic in their opening match, will face off against Mexico today with the hope of earning another win to push them closer into the semi-finals.last_img read more

admin

Jake Gyllenhaal says making ‘Spider-Man: Far from Home’ wasn’t that different from doing a Broadway play

first_imgL-R: Tom Holland and Jake Gyllenhaal; Jay Maidment/Sony Pictures Entertainment(NEW YORK) — Jake Gyllenhaal is gearing up for a busy summer. Not only will he make his Marvel universe debut as Mysterio in Spider-Man: Far from Home this week, he’ll also take the Broadway stage later this month for the intimate two-act play Sea Wall/A Life.While those two projects couldn’t seem more different, Gyllenhaal says he found a lot of similarities between doing a Marvel film and being on the Broadway stage.“As big as the movies are and as kind of extraordinary as the process is, it’s somewhat similar to the Broadway experience in that when you’re part of a company you jump on and you go and you do your part,” he explains to ABC Radio.He adds, “Man, is it exciting to be a part of it. Like the Marvel fans are incredible, Broadway fans are equally as intense and incredible, and there is a pretty interesting similarity between the two.”Gyllenhaal, who made his Broadway debut back in 2014, points out that his Spider-Man co-star also has strong ties to the stage.“Tom Holland is a dancer first. He started his career playing Billy Elliot on stage in the West End,” he says. “And so a lot of this sort of attack and technique that [Marvel movies] are made with are similar to the stage. And John Watts who directed the new Spider-Man and the last Spider-Man has a very actor-centric process.”Spider-Man: Far from Home hits theaters July 2. Gyllenhaal’s play with Tom Sturridge, Sea Wall/A Life, begins previews July 26.Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.last_img read more

admin

Greased Pig at Tri-City pays $1,077 to IMCA Modified winner

first_imgAUBURN, Mich. – The green flag flies this Friday night for Tri-City Motor Speedway’s seventh annual Greased Pig special.IMCA Modifieds race for $1,077 to win and a minimum of $150 to start their June 16 Fast Shafts All-Star Invitational ballot qualifier, sponsored by Allstar Performance. The main event will be 41 laps.IMCA Speedway Motors Weekly Racing National, Dirt Works Eastern Region, Allstar Perfor­mance State and local track points will be awarded.There is no entry fee. Pit gates at Auburn open at 5 p.m., the grandstand opens at 5:30 p.m., hot laps are at 6:30 p.m. with racing to follow the National Anthem at 8:15 p.m.Grandstand admission is $14 for adults and $13 for fans ages 55. It’s Kids’ Night and fans 15 and un­der get in free. Pit passes are $28 for adults and $14 for kids ages 3-12.More information about the Greased Pig is availa­ble by calling 989 316-6804 and at the track web­site, www.tricityracetrack.com.last_img read more

admin

John Mayer and Dave Chappelle ban cell phones from tonight’s joint San Francisco comedy show

first_img Related Jeff Kravitz/FilmMagic(SAN FRANCISCO) — Buddies John Mayer and Dave Chappelle have appeared onstage together several times, and usually we find out about it because someone shares the cell phone video they shot.  Well, that’s not going to happen tonight when the two hit the stage together in San Francisco — because they’re going to lock up your phones when you walk in.Tonight and tomorrow night at The Fillmore in San Francisco, John and Dave are staging something called Controlled Danger, described as “a comedy and music hybrid” that’s a “once-in-a-lifetime event hosted by two of the greatest creative minds working today.” What’s more, according to the event page on the venue’s website, if you attend, “you’ll laugh, you’ll cry, you’ll have bragging rights amongst your friend group for weeks to come.”However, the page notes that the shows are “a strict NO CELL PHONES ALLOWED” event.  When you show up, your phones and/or smart watches will be locked in special pouches that will be unlocked at the end of the show.  If you have an emergency, you can unlock your phone at a designated unlocking station, but barring that, if they catch you with an unlocked cellphone or device, they’ll throw you out.“We appreciate your cooperation in creating a phone-free viewing experience,” adds the page.By the way, tickets for this event cost $103 each, plus taxes and other charges.Copyright © 2017, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.Powered by WPeMaticolast_img read more

admin