Hazard to stay at Chelsea says Huddink

first_img0Shares0000Eden Hazard celebrates a goal for Chelsea in a past match. PHOTO/FILE.LONDON, April 25 – Chelsea manager Guus Hiddink has revealed that midfielder Eden Hazard will not be leaving Stamford Bridge at the end of the season. Hazard has not had much of an impact this season as he scored his first two goals of the 2015/16 Premier League campaign in Chelsea’s 4-1 rout of AFC Bournemouth on Saturday. The 25-year-old has been linked with a move to French giants Paris Saint-Germain or Spanish powerhouse Real Madrid, but Hiddink made it clear that Hazard will be staying put.“It’s important that [Hazard] is here next year,” Hiddink told reporters. “He has some more years to go on his contract. And what I do know is that he is very happy with everything at Chelsea, and everything around Chelsea.“He is very important and if he is fit he will be very important again next season.“He’s very light, very fresh now in training, he’s been enjoying it and making jokes. He’s playing free with no doubt in his mind and no frustrations, so this is a good sign for me. Now he can go on for the whole season.“He’s not fully fit yet, so without taking any risks in the upcoming days he can regain that. And then of course the mental fitness will go accordingly.”Hiddink also admitted that he has been disappointed by Hazard’s performance this season as the Belgian has only scored four goals and notched up eight assists. Last season, Hazard was in exceptional form as he finished with 19 goals and 13 assists.Despite Hazard not being up to par thus far, Hiddink believes it is only a matter of time before the midfielder finds his groove.“It’s been a very bad season for him, we don’t like to neglect the facts,” he said. “It’s difficult for a talented, high-quality player like Hazard. I think this season he had a difficult season, falling into injuries, coming back, nearly getting back then getting injured again.“When you come back properly you’ll be back well, and he showed that. When he is fully fit physically and mentally then he is one of the best. And I think he can regain the [PFA] award. He has the capacity to gain it back in coming years.”0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)last_img read more

admin

Young Donegal man awarded almost €3million after being run over by milk van

first_imgA young Letterkenny man has settled a High Court action for €2.9m over injuries he received after a milk van ran over his head when he was a toddler.Ian O’Donnell (18) suffered severe skull fractures in the accident outside his Donegal home just weeks before his third birthday, the court heard. Mr O’Donnell, Glenwood Park, through his mother Helen O’Donnell, sued milkman Paul Rodgers, Manorcunningham, Letterkenny, Co Donegal.The Irish Independent reports he also sued the van owners, John, Paul and Brendan Kelly of Killtown, Killgordan, Co Donegal, as a result of the accident on November 10, 2001.It was claimed there was an alleged failure to keep any or any proper lookout. It was alleged the child was dragged some distance along the road before Mr Rodgers was alerted to the presence of the boy under the milk van.It was further alleged the milk van had been moved at a time when it ought to have been known it was unsafe and dangerous to do so.The claims were denied. The court heard liability was in full issue in the case.John Finlay SC, for Ian, said the boy was outside his home with his then eight-year-old sister and mother and the milk van was parked at Glenwood Park.The child’s mother thought the child was getting into their car but he was found on the roadway after the accident.Counsel said the wheel of the milk van had run over the boy’s head.The difficulty in the case was there was no proof of where the child was immediately before the accident, counsel said.Mr Finlay said the boy had made a good physical recovery but had been left with other issues. While he finished school, it was not likely he would be able to hold down employment in the future.Mr Justice Kevin Cross, approving the settlement, said he hoped it would reassure Ms O’Donnell that Ian’s needs will be met for the rest of his life.Young Donegal man awarded almost €3million after being run over by milk van was last modified: March 16th, 2017 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:awardHIGH COURTIan O’Donnellletterkennylast_img read more

admin